Wednesday, April 20, 2011

While I'm at it...

Seeing the cartoon made me remember the strings. And remembering the strings made me think of the Disney version of the cartoon and the song.

And of course, it wouldn't be complete without the lyrics. I never knew what that Russian doll was saying.

I've got no strings,
To hold me down,
To make me fret,
or make me frown.
I had strings,
But now I'm free,
There are no strings on me.

Hi-ho the me-ri-o,
That's the only way to go.

I want the world to know,
Nothing ever worries me.

I've got no strings,
So I have fun,
I'm not tied up to anyone.

They've got strings,
But you can see,
There are no strings on me.

*Dutch Puppet*
You have no strings,
Your arms is free,
To love me by the Zuider Zee.

Ya, ya, ya,
If you would woo,
I'd bust my strings for you.

*French Puppet*
You've got no strings,
Comme çi comme ça,
Your savoire-faire is ooh la la!

I've got strings,
But entre nous,
I'd cut my strings for you.

*Russian Puppet*
Down where the Volga flows,
There's a Russian rendezvous.

Where me and Ivan go,
But I'd rather go with you, hey!

*Pinocchio*
There are no strings on me!


Who knew that Diana Ross and the Supremes also recorded a version?!

No comments: