Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Mother's Day Commission: part I

A past customer recently contacted me asking if I would make a hat for her mother. We had been talked about it in the past, but the time had finally come to make it happen. So here's another commission from the Denishé studio.

I was sent examples of the kind of hat Mom would want, and since she already owns a Denishé hat in a shape that she likes, we started from that point. This hat will be bucket-shaped natural/cream-colored parisisal straw and will be trimmed in light blue.

I'm including a sketch, though sketches are vague enough that it can be hard to get the idea. The embellishment is on the side of the hat, so the sketch is profile.

I find that I've been enjoying doing the commissions. I learn something new each time.

No comments: